Welcome to Saint Francis de Sales Church. This structure is the second church building for the parish of Saint Francis de Sales. The original church is located across the street and was built two years after the parish was founded in 1948. The current church building was designed by the internationally famous architect, Marcel Breuer, who was commissioned as architect in 1961. The ground breaking took place on May 3, 1964, with work beginning on June 1, 1964. The cornerstone was blessed on June 8, 1966. The contractor was M.A. Lombard and Son of Chicago, Illinois, one of the foremost builders in the country, skilled in the use of poured concrete construction. The first Mass was celebrated in this building on December 18, 1966. It was dedicated by Bishop Alan J. Babcock on September 23, 1967.
Cover | Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4 | Page 5 | Page 6 | Page 7 | Page 8 | Page 9
Page 10 | Page 11 | Page 12 | Page 13 | Page 14 | Page 15 | Page 16 | Page 17
� Copyright 2000 St. Francis de Sales Parish - Muskegon, MI